Friday, March 3, 2017

Back on track...again


Earlier this week, I opened my facebook page and saw one of those memory alerts they send out from time to time. This one highlighted the fact that one year ago was when I ran in the Tokyo Marathon...my first marathon.

My first thought was, wow...I actually ran in a marathon.

The next thought was, man...what a difference a year makes.

I have mixed emotions about that day, February 28, 2016. I was so excited to run my first ever full-length marathon, even though prior to it I said I would never do such a thing!
 For details about that fateful day, see here .

 So what have I been up to since then? Well just to name a few things: I injured my foot, got diagnosed with plantar fasciitis, and moved across the pacific ocean.

I can count on my ten fingers, the number of times I went for a run or even exercised at all since then.

Things have certainly gone down hill. I easily slipped back into old bad habits. I made everyone and everything a priority, and put my own health at the bottom of the list. I used my foot pain as an excuse to not do any type of exercise. I almost had the attitude that, well if I can't do something I love, then I won't do anything at all. A lot of good that attitude did me.



And I didn't spend a lot of time beating myself up about going down hill. No, I happily went headlong down and off track.

Well, now I have finally come to the place where I've had enough.

The foot pain is still there, but my tolerance for my lack of fitness is not.

So once again, I need a plan of action to get back on track. I don't know exactly what that plan will be yet, but I'm determined to once and for all get on track and stay there!

To be continued...












No comments:

Post a Comment